RNase treatment of DNA
Материал из Zbio
- prepare 37°C water bath in foam plastic box
- Small RNA fragments are hardly visible on agarose gel, but their molar quantity may be high and they may inhibit polynucleotide kinase and polymerases.
- Store RNase(s) in a special box in a freezer where there are no RNA-work related tubes.
- It is possible to selectively remove single-stranded RNA and purify only double-stranded DNA on a silica column (protocol in Russian).
- It is possible to shear DNA by ultrasound directly after RNase treatment w/o purification.
- It is possible (but not desirable) to snap freeze DNA in liquid nitrogen and store at -20°C after RNase treatment w/o purification.
[править] Check list